Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome to my blog

This blog is a work in progress that will change over time. The title of the blog comes from my love of nature and the fact that I live on the coast. I enjoy walking the beach finding stones and pebbles smoothed by the sea and the remnants of plant and animal life having washed up onto the shore. I'm also a bird watcher. So watch out for sightings of species I see now and then. This time of year Bald Eagles nest along the Connecticut River. Last year I took a guided walk to see the Eagles....amazing. Those birds are big! I've noticed lots of Canada geese lately, flying overhead-not usually something one sees at this time of year. It certainly hasn't been warm this winter so I don't know why the geese are still around.

2 comments:

  1. I share your love of the time to think and treasures you find at the beach. Here, we have something I had never seen or heard of before--sea-beans (http://www.seabean.com/) that I collect. I think they are really neat! I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seabeans are so smooth and black. I can't recall if I've ever found some myself walking on the beach but I've seen them in displays. Your website is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete