Thursday, February 19, 2009

Walking on the Beach

Sunday (2/15) was a beautiful sunny day, great time for a walk on the beach. Collected granite pebbles. Snapped photos of whatever I felt was interesting: stones, shells, landscapes.... I've included some on this post.
It was great to be back out of doors by the water as I hadn't walked there for a while because of the cold (and snow). It was a sunny day and there were a lot of people and couples walking and sitting along the boardwalk. I walk at Hammonasett State Park in Madison, CT. There is a boardwalk just about half a mile long (see picture) made of recycled plastic timbers.
I was interested in what people were wearing that day. Some were bundled up in parkas with fur trim around the hoods. Some wore boots, although there wasn't much snow left. I had a winter coat on but nothing on my head. The sunshine felt good against my face. I met a number of dogs and their owners walking on the boardwalk. One, a golden retriever-poodle mix puppy, let me pet it as I asked its owner about the dog.
I found a number of stones and shells. There were some very large logs of driftwood scattered across the beach. The most interesting thing I found was a small sponge that had washed up onto the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment