Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Beach Walk

At the beach Sunday I was greeted by a beautiful sunny day. The low tide left large swatches of sand peaking through water with a very distinctive pattern of lines etched in the surface sand. Imprints of ripples of water? What created this texture across the sand bar?

In any event, it was and inviting place to visit and look for interesting shells which, to my disappointment, I didn't find. I did come away with this photo of human and dog impact on this place.

This sunny day there was a huge crowd walking, running and playing on the beach. It was in the 50's yet I saw a jogger running shirt-less on the sand and several dogs fetching sticks in the water. Kites were flying and kids were digging in the sand.


AND...then, on Monday it snowed. Yes, the snow was mixed in with the raindrops falling in large flakes before the rain turned completely to snow. It still isn't spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment