Thursday, December 31, 2009

Flickers Feast on Sumac







Its snowing here today. Back to white outside. There goes the gym for today. We'll leave it as a New Year's Resolution. Looking out my side window at the sumac trees on the side of the house I saw at least 4 Yellow Shafted Flickers eating berries this morning. One sat very close to the window so I could get a good shot of it through the window. At one point the Flickers were joined by a Robin and I could see a few other birds flying by in the background. This summer I was cursing the sumacs since they seem to be invading the yard from the forest next door and I have to pay to get one large one removed. But now I am saving on birdseed and get a much better view of the feathered visitors as they come into my yard to feed.


No comments:

Post a Comment